Salary: £40k – £50k dependent upon skills and experience.
Location: We’re currently meeting in the London office once a week and working remotely the rest of the time.
At BKwai, our vision is to create a more resilient built environment, using smarter infrastructure and construction monitoring. Bridges, tunnels, and buildings form more than a skyline, they form a critical part of keeping society moving.
BKwai was founded in 2019 and is going through rapid product growth. We’re well funded and we have an ever-growing list of impressive clients onboard gaining valuable insights from our solutions. BKwai is an industry partner of the Cambridge Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction (CSIC), we’ve been selected for the Tech Nation Applied AI growth programme and are part of the first cohort for the Deeptech Labs accelerator. Our aim is to make a real difference to society as a whole by reducing disruption and keeping people safe. We’ll do this by building a great team to scale our innovative technology. Do you want to be part of it?
We’re looking for an experienced Front-end Developer to join our development team. You will help us continually evolve our SaaS solution by designing, building and deploying high-quality software which our users love. This role is both challenging and exciting as you’ll be involved in shaping the technology used to create our products; we don’t expect you to know everything, but you will need to learn new skills quickly and be able to learn from, and teach, your teammates.
You’ll be part of the team focussed on our Product Roadmap, delivering both proof of concept and production ready solutions. This role is front-end web development but good knowledge of how the back-end works is highly desirable. Any experience of GIS, 3D modelling through a browser and UI\UX design will be to your advantage.
You’re the kind of person we’re looking for if:
- You enjoy collaborative working and supporting your colleagues.
- You take pride in yours and your team’s code and ensure it’s well tested, ideally with automated tests.
- You’re enthusiastic and motivated and able to complete tasks to a high standard.
- You’re comfortable with organised chaos – ready to react and adapt as we learn together and grow.
- You can communicate effectively – from writing documentation to demoing your latest work to stakeholders, as well as listening to and interpreting requirements and feedback.
- You enjoy learning and sharing your knowledge.
- You can break deliverables down into smaller parts and estimate them effectively.
If would be advantageous if you had an interest in, or experience of:
- UI\UX Design
- Microservices\Micro frontend
- Mapping tools e.g. MapBox
- Machine Learning/AI
- Back-end development, ideally Python/Django
- Containerisation, ideally Docker
- Cloud Infrastructure, ideally AWS
We are looking to add to our culture with people from diverse backgrounds who are motivated to make a positive change, and to do so with integrity and an open mind. We support equality, diversity and inclusion, and encourage applications from all sections of society – and we mean that in more than words. Our company has a gender balanced leadership team, covers many different cultures and nationalities, a spectrum of ages and works with people of different physical abilities.
If this job speaks to you but you’re not sure that you “tick all the boxes” then please apply anyway. If we can help with any special accommodations for your application or interviews, just let us know.